Agaric-led and Agaric-supported projects and causes.
We've been building innovative web-based homes for scientific and health communities since 2008— most recently partnering with the National Institute for Children's Health Quality.
The Find It program locator and event discovery platform for cities, towns, counties, and most any geographical community.
31 Days of Migrations
Show and Tell
Show and Tell is an online gathering for people to meet and share what they've learned. Learn more about Show and Tell.
Projects begun by others that Agarics support.
We are involved in several initiatives to defend the open web and expand the digital commons, as well as other ways we try to make the world better.
Drupal is a free software content management system powered by one of the largest communities in the world. We actively contribute to Drupal Core and a suite of contributed modules that extend its functionality. These are all free for anyone to download, use or modify to meet their needs.
Drupal Core - The main functionality that all Drupal sites come with, out of the box.
We maintain more than 100 contributed modules, many of which we thought up and built:
- Advanced Help - Provide contextual help for your modules and themes.
- Bulk Invite - Bulk invite users by creating accounts with just a list of e-mail addresses.
- CKEditor Accessibility Checker - Inspect the accessibility level of your content and efficiently address issues.
- CKEditor YouTube - A video embed button for your WYSIWYG Editor.
- Comment Notify - E-mail people who comment on your site and keep them involved in discussions.
- Custom Permissions - Create custom user permissions.
- Display Role - Show users' assigned role or roles on their profile pages.
- FileField Sources - Upload files through a variety of sources.
- Gated File - Display a contact form before a visitor downloads a file.
- Give - Create and manage online donation forms within your website.
- Login Return Page - Direct users back to the page they were on when they're prompted to log into the website.
- Registration Role - Select a role to assign to new users automatically.
- Social Post Facebook - Automatically post website content to your Facebook page.
In addition to contributing to the software, we also speak at and help organize meetups, camps, and conferences. We serve as mentors and lead trainings. We also work to improve Drupal's diversity and make it an inclusive, welcoming community.
MayFirst Movement Technology
We are leaders in MayFirst Movement Technology (MFMT), a cooperative organization providing web hosting, email services and other free software tools to its members. MFMT also advocates for an open web and ethical technology. We support the organization by recruiting our clients to join and host their websites through MFMT, we serve as an elected board member and participate in its campaigns.
The Platform Cooperativism Movement was started at the New School in NYC by Trebor Scholz. From the website: Platform cooperatives are businesses that use a website, mobile app, or protocol to sell goods or services. They rely on democratic decision-making and shared ownership of the platform by workers and users.
US Federation of Worker-Owned Cooperatives
We are a worker-owned cooperative active in supporting fellow coops and building the solidarity economy together. Currently we are building deeper ties with other tech coops to help advance economic justice in the tech industry and build technology social justice movements trust and work for them.
Boston Ujima Project
Ujima is Swahili for collective work and responsibility. The vision for a just and sustainable Boston is based on the belief that we all have a role to play in creating an equitable economy. Ujima works with local businesses to build a local economy that sustains the neighborhood and to support non-extractive businesses.